Shefali Chowdhury (Bengali: শেফালী চৌধুরী), a name of a Bangladeshi descent who was acted in ‘Harry Potter’ and an Indian Tamil movie. There was need of some children who would be acting in the role of class-mates of Harry Porter in the Harry Potter’s magic school. Among them two would be twins. So, everyone of the Harry Porter went out of their search for them. One day, a unit arrived Hoyeli Ranges High School in Manchester.
After the audition, Shefali Chowdhury was selected for the character of the class mate of Harry. Later, the potter team found Afsan and Shefali side by side for the role of Patil twin. They both were collected from the two ends of London, UK. But both of them are Bangladeshi origin as a coincidence.
Shefali started acting in the Harry Potter film series in 2005 through the Harry Potter and the Globet of Fire cinema. She was studying in the final semester of Oyebharali school at that time. Shefali acted in ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ in 2005, ‘Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix’ in 2007 and ‘Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince’ in 2009. Before acting in Harry Potter Series, Shefali had acted in a vital role in Tamil movie, ‘Kannathil Muthamittal’ in 2002.
Shefali Chowdhury was born in Birmingham in June, 1988. Her parents were moved to England in 1980 from Sylhet, district of Bangladesh. She had completed ‘A-level’ on 4 subjects in The sixth form college after completing her education in Oyeverly. She studied in the subject of English language, literature, sociology and religious education.
A moment of Harry Potter:
A moment of of tamil movie, ‘Kannathil Muthamittal’
Facebook page–From the Heart of Bangladesh
Ruqsana Begum (Bengali: রুকসানা বেগম) is the Bangladeshi origin British who is not only for Britain’s but also one of the world’s most successful athletes. She retained the honor of remaining champion in British kick boxing and Muay Thai champion for consecutive years. However, Muay Thai and kick boxing is a sport with high physical labor.
Rukhsana is the daughter of Minara Begum and Awlad Ali who is from Sylhet, district of Bangladesh. She brought up in East London. Rukhsana got the opportunity to learn Muay Thai, a Thai traditional, from a former world champion, renowned coach Bill Judd in a gym of Bethnal Green area of London.
The first success of Rukhsana came in 2009 when she won a bronze medal at the World Amateur Kick boxing Championship in Bangkok, Thailand as a member of Britain’s national team. In 2010, in her first final, Ruqsana won the British Muay Thai Atomweight Kick boxing Championship Professional title from the Duel at the Dome contest in Doncaster. In 2011, Ruqsana won a gold medal at the European Club Cup Amateur Muay Thai Championship in Latvia. In 2012, Ruqsana was nominated as British Muay Thai Team Captain and won bronze at the International Federation of Muaythai Amateur (IFMA) World Championships in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
In March 2012, Ruqsana got the chance to meet Queen Elizabeth II at Walthamstow Town Hall, during the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee tour of the UK. She was selected to be an Olympic torchbearer in recognition of her sporting achievements and community work. In 2012, she carried the Olympic Torch in Greenwich, London. One of her famous words from Ruqsana is that ‘This is not a big thing how many times you fell down, but this is true how many times you have stood up.’
Awards and recognition:
• 2012- Ruqsana was shortlisted for the Muslim Women’s in Sport Foundation Ambassador Awards for the United Kingdom Sportswoman of the Year award held at Wembley Stadium.
• 2012- Ruqsana was named in the British Bangladeshi Power 100 for her work in education, culture and sports. In February 2012, she won a special achievement award at the Canary Wharf Sports Awards.
• 2013- Ruqsana was awarded Sports Personality of the Year at the Asian Achievers Awards.
Championships and accomplishments:
• 2009 – World Amateur Kickboxing Championships Bronze
• 2010 – British Atomweight Muay Thai Champion
• 2011 – European Club Cup Amateur Muay Thai Championship Gold
• 2012 – IFMA World Championships
Facebook page–From the Heart of Bangladesh
Sabirul Islam, a Bangladeshi British citizen inspires millions of youth worldwide through his brain-child
Think! A young chap inspires one million young people worldwide. He is just on 24th years of his age. His creation is accepted over 550 schools in United Kingdom (UK) and 14 countries worldwide. He had written 3 books in English which motivates people of all ages, all races of entire world. He is a motivational speaker who had spoken over 700 events worldwide. And He is a Bangladeshi.
Yes, He is Mr. Sabirul Islam (Bengali: সাবিরুল ইসলাম), A Bangladeshi origin British citizen who made history with all the above facts.
Sabirul was born in Tower Hamlets, London, England on 12th July 1990 and grew up in London, England. He attended Swanlea School. In 2008, he left City and Islington College. He is the eldest among his five siblings-two younger brother and three younger sisters. He is the son of his parent who belongs to Sylhet, a district of Bangladesh.
He had written his first book, The World at Your Feet at the age of 17. In the first nine months since the launch, over 42,500 copies of his book were sold which grows now to 60,000 copies worldwide. In June, 2009, he had launched a game, Teen-Trepreneur which teaches key aspects of business from sales, to investment, expenses to loans and the even understanding the stock exchange. The game was intended to educate young people about enterprise, entrepreneurship and financial literacy. This game has been integrated into the BTEC Business Qualification in over 500 schools across the UK. The game has sold over 300,000 copies in 14 countries world-wide. His second book The World at Your Feet: Three Strikes to a Successful Entrepreneurial Life was published. In February 2012, his third book, Young Entrepreneur World: How 25 Teen-Trepreneurs Succeeded and Left World Leaders Scratching Their Heads was published. The book contained interviews with 25 of the most influential and successful entrepreneurs around the world, who share their journeys, thoughts and ideologies on a personal, business and political level. The book contains interviews, personal success stories and how others could achieve similar success within their respective fields. Over 100,000 copies of his books have been sold to date, which have been published in multiple languages including Spanish and Bengali.
In November 2010, Islam launched Inspire1Million, a campaign to inspire one million people around the world to achieve success in life by delivering a host of events and seminars.
He had achieved the following awards-
|1||Sabirul Islam was awarded the Mosaic Entrepreneur of the Year by Charles, Prince of Wales and the Princess of Jordon. He was nominated by Merrill Lynch, and was the youngest person nominated for the award.||2008|
|2||Sabirul Islam was one of Junior Chamber International (JCI) 10 Outstanding Young Persons of the World,honoured in the JA-YE Top 20 Young Entrepreneur in Osaka, Japan and shortlisted for Community Business Entrepreneur Award at the Spirit of London Awards.Other awards include the Growing Up CEO Award, which he was awarded at Harvard Business School.||2010|
Link of Books:
1. Inspiring One Million People: A Journey of Dedication, Passion and Power Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Inspiring-One-Million-People-Dedication/dp/1907794867/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421667603&sr=8-3&keywords=sabirul+islam&pebp=1421667616970&peasin=1907794867
2. The World at Your Feet: Three Strikes to a Successful Entrepreneurial Life : http://www.amazon.com/The-World-Your-Feet-entrepreneurial/dp/0462099520
3. Young Entrepreneur World: How 25 Teen-trepreneurs Succeeded and Left World Leaders Scratching Their Heads Paperback: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Young-Entrepreneur-World-Teen-trepreneurs-Scratching/dp/9814361097/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1330526278&sr=8-2
Motivational and Inspiring Interviews:
1. 40 Minutes with Editor – Sabirul Islam at Boishakhi TV_1st Part_EP-29: http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=NgF_QzUGe1c&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-cl=84359240
2. Inspire 1 Million Legacy – Purpose of Existence: SABIRUL ISLAM at TEDxMuscat 2013: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8W8vj-LVzI
3. Handling Pressure: 3 Minutes of Inspiration:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZMJxAxeBo
4. Interview on Vibe Magazine Bangladesh: http://vibemagazinebd.com/interview-with-sabirul-islam
5. Motivational Session of Mr. Sabirul Islam in Daffodil International University (DIU)”
6. Grameenphone Tritiyo Matra 3705 (27 September 2013): http://youtu.be/2WkMQnbnvb4
7. Mini Fidgits: Sabirul Islam, Stay Grounded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1QZX0QI6i4
8. Mini Fidgits: Sabirul Islam, Stay Grounded:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1QZX0QI6i4&sns=fb
9. European Job Day in Brussels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni5cDEXjmwo&feature=related
10. My TEDx Youth Talk in Amsterdam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41a_2FUlZpw
Sabirul on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sabirulislam123?fref=ts
Sabirul on twitter: https://twitter.com/Sabirul_Islam
The World At Your Feet website: http://www.theworldatyourfeet.com/
Inspire 1 Million website: http://www.inspire1million.org/
Teen Trepreneur website: http://www.teen-trepreneur.com/
Inspire 1 Million Bangladesh website: http://bangladesh.inspire1million.org/
Web link: www.sabirulislam.com
Facebook page–From the Heart of Bangladesh