Monthly Archives: June 2014
The world cup-2014 is knocking at our door. The world will be inebriated with the attraction of football craze shortly from June 12 to July 13, 2014. Bangladesh is also no difference even though Bangladesh ranked 167 out of 207 football playing nations in the top ranking list provided by FIFA. Despite its absence in world cup 2014, the football crazy people of Bangladesh extends its support to the nations representing in the world cup with own style.
Unlike others articles published in this site, let’s start the article with a sad news and ends-up with some encouraging ones.
A youth, Md. Nazim (18), died in the capital of Bangladesh, by electrocuting at the time of his attempt to fly the flag of his favorite team, Argentina. The incident was reported to be happened at Adabor Sunibir housing area of the capital on Sunday, 1st June, 2014; 11 days prior to the world cup.
The football authority of Brazil decided to put the tag of “Made in Bangladesh” in all the Jerseys of Brazil in respect to the death of over 1138 people due to the collapse of Rana plaza of savar where workers of 5 garments factories were engaged in garment manufacturing at the time of building collapse.
The third news is handful in terms of Bangladesh economy as it says-
Bangladesh is exporting jersey worth at least USD 50 crores or 500 million. At least hundred garment manufacturing factories got the deal of supplying jerseys for fans of different football playing nations which directly influences on the growth of the demand of ready made garments by 14% compare to the last fiscal year(July’12-June’13). The concerned authority assumes the income of garments factories in the current fiscal year (July’13-June’14) can reach to 25 billion US dollar which is greater by 3 billion dollar compare to last fiscal year.With no surprise, most of the incomes are generated from Jerseys, track suits and many more world cup based items exporting. Some other small companies are also supplying various items like flags, caps etc. prior to the world cup. International garments selling brands like Nike, Puma, and Adidas made jerseys from Bangladesh prior to the world cup starting from June 12th, 2014.
With all the factors above, the football fans of Bangladesh engaged in the debate over the winner of world cup 2014. Significant supporters of the country have kept their faith intact on Argentina where the supporters of Brazil still believes they can supersede Argentina or the defending champion and become the new champion. The debate has no end before July 13th when the world will embrace the new champion of the world for next 4 years. The debate here in Bangladesh will be continued to the next world cup over the supremacy of Argentina or Brazil for years even though none of the supported countries become champion or any of the supported countries become champion. However, some of the Bangladeshis will keep their faith on Spain, Germany, Portugal, Italy, England or so on.
Whatever the happenings, the street hawkers of Bangladesh carry the spirit of football and sell flags to the football fans of Bangladesh and the fans continue debate over supremacy with the support of their favorite teams and show their support in favor of their team through flying flags in tops of houses, streets and where not!
Some facts of Football/world cup:
FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (June 2014)
*** Bangladesh ranked 167 out of 207 football playing nation in the top ranking list provided by FIFA.
World ranking of Football: http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/index.html
World cup match schedule in Bangla (২০১৪ বিশ্বকাপের সূচি):
Official page of FIFA: http://www.fifa.com/
Some important mobile applications which will really help you in this world cup:
- Pocket world cup schedule: http://pocketworldcupschedule.info/index.html
- Real time result of match with Live score application for web, android, windows, ipone, ipad: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.livescore
- Live score of world cup with SOFA application for web, android, windows, ipone, ipad: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sofascore.android
- FIFA official application for android, ipone, ipad: http://www.fifa.com/mobile/
- Application software to know information For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jalvasco.football.worldcup
- AFC soccer world cup Apps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.espn.fc
- Adidas 2014 FIFA world (LWP) application for football screen for Smartphone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cellfish.adidas
Live world cup football on Mobile:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.WatchESPN
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watchespn/id429009175?mt=8
- Windows 8: www.cnet.com/products/windows-8-pro-upgrade/
- Xbox One: http://www.cnet.com/products/microsoft-xbox-one/
- Amazon Fire TV: http://www.cnet.com/products/amazon-fire-tv/
Facebook page–From the Heart of Bangladesh
The spirit of football craze all over Bangladesh!
The photos were taken in different parts of Dhaka.
Facebook page–From the Heart of Bangladesh